IRS Collection

IRS Collection Lawyer in Tacoma Serving Western Washington State, Pierce County, King County, Kitsap County, Thurston County and surrounding areas.

Is the IRS trying to collect money that you don’t have? You can work with them to reach a solution, but you can’t ignore them. If you are unsure of your options, but want to avoid wage garnishment and tax liens, you should contact an IRS collections lawyer today. From my office in Fife, Washington, I can help you understand your options and reach a settlement with the IRS.

The Law Office of Andrew J. Makar, P.S.
Looking at the Bigger Picture ● 253-926-0202

If the IRS has started collection of the taxes they say you owe the government, you may be able to stop them. Contact my office to find out how you can file a collection due process proceeding to halt the IRS. If you don’t have the money to pay the IRS, we can help you get the time you need to reach a fair settlement.

Don’t wait for the IRS to begin their collection

Most people don’t contact an attorney until they have received a notice from the IRS saying they must pay within 30 days. Some people wait until the IRS has started dipping into their accounts and garnishing their wages. The sooner you call an attorney, the more options you will have for avoiding tax penalties and developing an appropriate debt settlement plan.

IRS Collection Installment Plans

If you have already received your 30 days notice, you may want to consider an installment plan, like an offer in compromise. If you don’t have the money to pay the IRS, we can negotiate an installment plan on your behalf to get you the time you need and to make sure you are paying the appropriate amount.

IRS Offer-in-Compromise

You may have seen the TV ads that promise to settle your IRS debt for pennies on the dollar. The IRS indeed has a program, known as an offer-in-comprise, which will settle a past due tax liability for less than you owe. Sometimes, the settlement amount may be a small fraction of what you owe. However, this is a complex analysis and you will want an experienced tax attorney to help you through this process. My IRS experience will help you through this process. You can count on me to give you an honest appraisal of your situation and advice as to whether or not you have a viable offer.

Contact Me

The sooner you contact an experienced attorney, the more options you will have. I can help you file the appropriate paperwork in a timely and thorough manner so you can avoid litigation down the line. With over 20 years of experience as an accountant in addition to my experience as an attorney, I understand how the system works. Contact The Law Office of Andrew J. Makar, P.S. in Fife, Washington, today for more about your options to stop an IRS collection.

Andrew J Makar Attorney at Law, Attorneys, Fife, WA
Office Location

The Law Office of
Andrew J. Makar, P.S.

917½ N 2nd St
Tacoma, WA 98403

Phone: 253-926-0202
Fax: 253-926-4141

Email Us | Get Directions